- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamy Macaroni and Vegetables Recipe
|Natural yoghurt||5 Fluid Ounce (142 Milliliter)|
|Cottage cheese||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Cream cheese||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Leeks||4 Ounce (Weighed After Preparing)|
|Macaroni||4 Ounce (125 Gram, Try Whole Wheat)|
|Caraway seeds/Dill weed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shoyu/Worcestershire sauce||11 3⁄4 Milliliter|
|Grated cheddar cheese||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
Calories 277 Calories from Fat 103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18%
Saturated Fat 6.8 g34%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 37 mg
Sodium 489.7 mg20.4%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.6%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 12 g23.5%
Vitamin A 31.2% Vitamin C 66%
Calcium 21.1% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a mixing bowl, combine yoghurt, cottage and cream cheeses. Beat or whisk until well blended.
2. Wash leeks well and finely slice them.
3. Finely chop celery and peppers.
4. Lightly grease a baking dish or casserole dish with oil or butter.
5. Preheat the oven to 350°F/ 180°C.
6. In a medium saucepan, boil water over a high flame. Add the sliced leeks and blanch them for 3-4 minutes. Drain and refresh in under tap water to arrest further cooking.
7. In another saucepan, boil water with salt added over high flame.
8. Add the macaroni and boil for 8-12 minutes until al dente. Drain and add to a large mixing bowl.
9. To the macaroni, add the cheese sauce, the chopped celery, peppers and the blanched leek slices. Mix in caraway seeds, shoyu and season to taste.
10. Turn the macaroni mixture into the greased baking dish.
11. Sprinkle grated cheese to top the macaroni.
13. Place dish in the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes until heated through and the cheese is bubbly and starts browning.
14. Remove the dish from the oven and cool slightly for 5 minutes before serving.