- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamy Linguine with Prawns Recipe
|Linguine||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finley sliced|
|White wine||3 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
|Low fat creme fraiche||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Prawns||2 Cup (32 tbs), peeled|
|Chives bunch||1 Bunch (100 gm), finely chopped|
Calories 511 Calories from Fat 60
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.9%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 418.6 mg
Sodium 738.2 mg30.8%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.7%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 49 g98.2%
Vitamin A 43.5% Vitamin C 51.6%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 15.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a pan, cook the pasta according to the pack directions. This will take about 18 to 20 minutes.
2) As the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a pan. Sauté the garlic gently for about 2 minutes.
3) Pour in the wine and over high heat bring it to boil for 1 minute. Then, reduce the heat, and add in the creme fraiche and lemon juice, and give it a stir.
4) Add salt and black pepper as you may like it.
5) Reduce the heat a bit and let it simmer for 1 minute to reduce the sauce a little. Now, put in the prawns and allow it simmer in the sauce until they turn nice and pink.
6) Using a pair of tongs, drain the pasta and put it into the sauce with half of the chives. Mix the pasta well in sauce.
7) Serve the pasta in 2 shallow bowls. Scatter the rest of chives on top of each bowl.