- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamy Lima Beans Recipe
|Frozen baby lima beans||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Green onion||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 473 Calories from Fat 176
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.7%
Saturated Fat 11.7 g58.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 51.7 mg
Sodium 872 mg36.3%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.7%
Dietary Fiber 9.2 g36.9%
Sugars 20.3 g
Protein 15 g29.8%
Vitamin A 28.9% Vitamin C 31.9%
Calcium 18.9% Iron 21.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cook the lima beans as per the package instructions and drain well.
2) In a medium saucepan, saute the green onion in butter until tender.
3) Stir in the flour, salt and pepper; cook until the mixture is thick and bubbly.
4) Finally stir in the sour cream and the cooked lima beans into the sauce mixture and heat thoroughly.
5) Serve immediately in a nice plate.