- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamy Fruit Compote Recipe
|Pears||3 , sliced (Fresh)|
|Sliced bananas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced pineapple||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange slices||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Walnuts/Other nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Table cream/Yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 330 Calories from Fat 123
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.7%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g28.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61.6 mg
Sodium 42.5 mg1.8%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g16.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.3%
Sugars 35 g
Protein 4 g8.1%
Vitamin A 6.8% Vitamin C 14.3%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 3.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Mix prepared fruits in a serving bowl. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, beat egg yolk and honey until white and creamy.
3. Fold in the yogurt or cream using a wooden spoon or spatula.
4. Add the nuts and gently mix.
5. Pour the cream over the fruit compote in the bowl.
6. Place the compote bowl in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours, till set.
7. Serve chilled garnished with nutmeg or coriander.
8. Spoon into individual dessert bowls at the table.