- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamy Fresh Corn Pasta Recipe Video
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Spanish onion||1⁄2 , diced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh corn||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Frozen peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Half and half||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), grated|
Calories 1107 Calories from Fat 424
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.8%
Saturated Fat 16.7 g83.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 58.4 mg
Sodium 2174.3 mg90.6%
Total Carbohydrates 141 g47%
Dietary Fiber 13.1 g52.4%
Sugars 17.9 g
Protein 38 g76.9%
Vitamin A 49.9% Vitamin C 71.4%
Calcium 51.3% Iron 24.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cook the pasta in boiling, salted water for 8-10 minutes, or until al dente.
2. Heat a large sauté pan with olive oil and butter on medium heat.
3. Add onions and sauté until they become translucent.
4. Add garlic and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
5. Meanwhile remove the corn from the kernels with the help of a knife.
6. Add the whole cherry tomatoes to the onion and sauté until the tomatoes start to break down, almost like a sauce.
7. Now, slowly add the pasta and toss them again.
8. Pour half and half and allow them to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
9. After the tomatoes have broken down, add the corn, salt and pepper. Sauté them for 5-8 minutes and then stir in the frozen peas.
10. In a serving bowl, serve the pasta and garnish with grated parmesan cheese.