- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Creamy Cooktop Macaroni and Cheese Recipe Video
|Elbow macaroni||8 Ounce, uncooked|
|Uncooked elbow macaroni||8 Ounce|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Half Medium To Large Pot)|
|All purpose flour/Self rising flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Velveeta cheese||8 Ounce, cubed (2 Cups)|
Calories 488 Calories from Fat 125
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.4%
Saturated Fat 8 g39.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 39.5 mg
Sodium 792 mg33%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.4%
Sugars 9.9 g
Protein 20 g39.9%
Vitamin A 12.7% Vitamin C 0.06%
Calcium 30.5% Iron 9.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a deep pot add water and salt. Bring the water to boil, add macaroni and cook till slightly less than done. Drain the excess water.
2. In a medium sauce pan melt butter, add flour and sauté till a dough like consistency is achieved. The mixture should not have any lumps.
3. Remove from heat and add salt, milk and Velveeta cheese cubes.
4. Heat it again on low flame to allow the cheese to melt.
5. Pour the drained elbow macaroni into the pot and mix.
7. In a nice serving dish, serve hot with garlic bread.