- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamy Chicken Soup Recipe
|Frying chicken||2 1⁄2 Pound, cut in pieces (1 Chicken)|
|Instant chicken bouillon granules||2 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Carrots||2 Medium, peeled|
|Celery stalk||1 Medium, cut crosswise in thirds|
|Chicken fat/Butter||6 Tablespoon, melted|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 1064 Calories from Fat 658
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 73 g112.4%
Saturated Fat 23.9 g119.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 255.4 mg
Sodium 2555 mg106.5%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g9%
Sugars 15.4 g
Protein 64 g127.8%
Vitamin A 108.1% Vitamin C 7.6%
Calcium 29.6% Iron 7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Combine together the chicken, water, bouillon and seasonings in an 8-quart heavy pot.
2) In the bowl, position the disc with the slicing side up and slice all the vegetables.
3) Add the vegetables to the pot, cover it and gently simmer till the chicken has softened. This takes about 60 minutes.
4) Take out the chicken and the bay lead ad from the soup, skim the fat if required.
5) Take out the bones from the chicken and cut it into cubes.
6) In the bowl, position the knife and add about 1 ½ cup of the chicken cubes. Pulse to chop them very coarsely. Pulse about 3 times.
7) Add the chicken to the soup and repeat the process with the remaining chicken.
8) To the soup, add the milk and bring the entire concoction to a boil.
9) Combine together the fat and flour to make a smooth paste and add it to the soup. Stir well.
10) Stirring constantly, cook the soup slowly till it has thickened slightly.
11) Season with salt and pepper to taste.
12) Serve hot.