- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamy Chicken and Brown Rice Recipe Video
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Mushroom||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), finely chopped|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Instant brown rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Chicken bouillon powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken breast slices||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Italian seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Season salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Mozzarella cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
Calories 642 Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.8%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.5 mg
Sodium 1466.7 mg61.1%
Total Carbohydrates 114 g37.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.9%
Sugars 22.8 g
Protein 15 g29.4%
Vitamin A 8.4% Vitamin C 7%
Calcium 26.8% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot over medium high, melt butter, add the garlic and it sweat for a few seconds.
2. Add in the onions, celery, instant brown rice. Stir well for a few seconds.
3. Stir in the mushrooms, chicken slices, bay leaf, chicken bouillon, season salt, Italian seasoning, lemon juice, water and mix until well combined. Let this cook for 2 minutes.
4. Pour in the cream, lower the heat and let it simmer for 15 - 20 minutes or until thick.
5. Before serving, remove the pot from the heat and stir in the mozzarella cheese. Ladle 2 spoonful of the creamy rice onto a plate and serve hot, garnished with 2 basil leaves.