- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamy Chard Wontons Recipe Video
|Rainbow chard/Swiss chard||1 Bunch (100 gm) (or kale, spinach)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegan cream cheese||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion powder||1 Pinch|
Calories 153 Calories from Fat 78
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.6%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.6 mg
Sodium 241.9 mg10.1%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.98 g3.9%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 3 g6.1%
Vitamin A 30.6% Vitamin C 12.5%
Calcium 1.6% Iron 2.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a pot with water, pop in the Swiss chard let them cook for a couple of minutes and drain them.
2. Once drained squeeze out as much as extra water as you can from the Chard.
3. Pop the cooked chard into a food processor. To that add, vegan cream cheese, onion powder and salt.
4. Heat a shallow pan at 350F.
5. Use a very small portion of the chard filling, place it on wanton wrapper, use water to seal the edges, fold it up and gently drop them into the heating oil.
6. Flip them over when the turn golden brown, place them on a paper towel and rid them off extra oil.
7. Serve these wantons with sweet chilly sauce at a party as an appetizer.