- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamy Celery And Rice Soup Recipe
|Chicken broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Thinly sliced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely shredded lemon peel||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Light cream/Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooked rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced almonds||2 Tablespoon, toasted|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 730 Calories from Fat 454
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g80.5%
Saturated Fat 24.4 g122.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 133.2 mg
Sodium 1049.2 mg43.7%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g24.7%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 14 g27.1%
Vitamin A 35.5% Vitamin C 10.3%
Calcium 21.6% Iron 15.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a mixing bowl, place the light cream or milk and cornstarch.
2. Stir them together to mix well. Keep aside.
3. In a microwaveable casserole, place the chicken broth, celery, lemon peel, and pepper and mix well.
4. Cover the casserole and place it in the microwave.
5. In the microwave, cook the mixture on 100 per cent power or High for 9 to 11 minutes, till celery is tender, stirring once in between.
6. Take the casserole out of the microwave, and add the cream mixture and rice.
7. Stir everything in to mix well.
8. Place the casserole back in the microwave. Do not cover.
9. In the microwave, cook the mixture on 100 per cent power or High for 2 to 3 minutes, till it is bubbly, stirring once every minute till the soup starts thickening, and once every 30 seconds after that.
10. Continue cooking for 1 minute more.
19. Serve hot, sprinkled with almonds.