- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamy Cauliflower Soup Recipe Video
|Cauliflower||1 , cut|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Potatoes||4 , roughly chopped (Gold potatoes)|
|Vegetable oil/Light oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Celery stalk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), smashed|
|Salt & pepper||1 Pinch|
|Water/Vegetable stock||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Soy milk||2 Tablespoon|
|Nutmeg||1 Dash, grated (Fresh)|
Calories 286 Calories from Fat 71
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.4%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 611.9 mg25.5%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g16.9%
Dietary Fiber 9.5 g37.9%
Sugars 7.6 g
Protein 8 g16.5%
Vitamin A 1.2% Vitamin C 203%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 13.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a deep pot, pour in some oil and saute the onions and potatoes and stir it around on high heat.
2. Season with some salt and add celery and cook for a bit.
3. Add the smashed garlic, pop in the cauliflower and season the salt.
4. Pour in the water, scrape the bottom , stir well and let the contents come to a boil.
5. Now put the soup into the blender, and blend it well.
6. Add some soy milk to add that extra creamy texture.
7. Garnish with nutmeg and serve hot before dinner.