- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamy Cabbage Casserole Recipe
|Cabbage||1 Medium, coarsely chopped|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Breadcrumbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), toasted|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1848 Calories from Fat 1354
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 152 g234%
Saturated Fat 98.2 g491.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 521 mg173.7%
Sodium 1693.1 mg70.5%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g27%
Dietary Fiber 13.9 g55.5%
Sugars 36.4 g
Protein 24 g48.1%
Vitamin A 51.6% Vitamin C 305%
Calcium 80.3% Iron 25.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In salted boiling water add cabbage in small amount and cook covered for 10 minutes.
2) Strain water and keep aside.
3) In a heavy saucepan melt 3 tablespoons butter over low heat.
4) Stir in flour and cook for a minute stirring constantly.
5) Gently add milk and whipping cream. Stir and cook over medium heat.
6) Add salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
7) Mix cabbage to white sauce and transfer into a buttered 1 1/2-quart casserole.
8) Top with cheese and breadcrumbs. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons melted butter on top.
9) Bake at 375° for 20 minutes.
10) Serve immediately.