- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Butternut Squash Pasta Carbonara Recipe Video
|Parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground beef||1⁄2 Pound|
|Butternut squash||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pasta||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 1067 Calories from Fat 552
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g95.5%
Saturated Fat 24.3 g121.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 229.5 mg
Sodium 2316.3 mg96.5%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.8%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 56 g111.4%
Vitamin A 155% Vitamin C 27.7%
Calcium 64.2% Iron 20.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat salted water for pasta. Cook the bacon.
2. Drain on a paper towel lined plate and discard fat.
3. Add wine to pan and deglaze, scraping the crispy bits off the bottom.
4. Add ground beef.
5. Add pasta to water.
6. Once beef is cooked, remove from pan and set aside.
7. Remove pan from heat. Mix egg, squash and half the cheese with a fork.
8. Add to pan and mix with cooked pasta, coating the pasta.
9. Cook over very low heat.
10. Add lemon juice, olive oil and remaining cheese.
11. Serve warm in a dish
For more information, visit the blog entry Butternut Squash Pasta Carbonara!