- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamy Broccoli Soup Recipe
|Onion||1 Large, diced|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Broccoli florets||1 Pound, chopped|
|White beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked|
|Ground allspice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 286 Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.7%
Saturated Fat 0.97 g4.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.2 mg
Sodium 223.9 mg9.3%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.7%
Dietary Fiber 9.1 g36.5%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 19 g37.4%
Vitamin A 68.6% Vitamin C 186.4%
Calcium 20.1% Iron 36.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a 3-quart saucepan, heat oil and saute the onions for about 15 minutes.
2) When the onions have browned, add in the stock, broccoli, beans, bay leaf and all spice.
3) Let the mixture come to a boil. Turn down the flame and cook on simmer for about 20 minutes.
4) When the broccoli have become tender, take the saucepan off the flame and let cool.
5) Transfer the cooled contents into the blender, mius the bay leaf, and puree to a smooth consistency.
6) Serve the Creamy Broccoli Soup garnished with a couple of fresh mint leaves.