- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamy Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe Video
|Fresh broccoli florets||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|White onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely diced (or more)|
|Baby carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely diced (Optional)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Black pepper powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Whole milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), shredded|
|Gouda cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), smoked, shredded|
Calories 737 Calories from Fat 498
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g90.1%
Saturated Fat 35 g175.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 195.5 mg
Sodium 1138.6 mg47.4%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g9.9%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24%
Sugars 8.7 g
Protein 28 g55.3%
Vitamin A 110.3% Vitamin C 272.3%
Calcium 70.1% Iron 12.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl place broccoli with about 4 tablespoons of water.
2. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and microwave for 7-10 minutes or until broccoli is steamed and tender.
3. Chop broccoli into tiny pieces. Set aside.
4. In a medium pot, add chicken broth, onion, carrots and garlic.
5. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until onions are tender. Set aside.
6. Add milk and heavy cream to a bowl and microwave until warm. Set aside.
7. In a large pot or deep skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
8. Whisk in flour, stirring constantly for about 1-2 minutes. Reduce heat if flour starts to brown.
9. Add in salt and pepper and continue to stir for 1 minute.
10. Slowly stir in milk and heavy cream. Stir in chicken broth mixture. Put the cheeses and add the broccoli
11. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed. Remove from heat.
12. In bread bowls or regular serving bowls serve the soup hot garnished with more cheese or broccoli.