- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamy Breakfast Grits (Never Use the Recipe on That Package) Recipe Video
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Half n half||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|5-minute grits||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, softened|
|Black pepper powder||To Taste|
Calories 399 Calories from Fat 242
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.1%
Saturated Fat 17.2 g86.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 91.2 mg
Sodium 618.1 mg25.8%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.7%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.1%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 6 g12%
Vitamin A 19.6% Vitamin C 1.1%
Calcium 21.8% Iron 65.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot pour water, heavy cream and half n half. Bring to a boil on medium heat.
2. Slowly add in the grits while whisking steadily.
3. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for around 7 minutes, whisking frequently
4. Remove from heat. Add butter and season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. In a serving bowl, serve immediately with hash brown, sausages, milk or juice for breakfast.