- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bacon Onion Farfalle Pasta Recipe Video
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, chopped|
|Frozen peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
Calories 1507 Calories from Fat 383
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g65.7%
Saturated Fat 23.2 g115.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 96.6 mg
Sodium 1833.4 mg76.4%
Total Carbohydrates 225 g74.8%
Dietary Fiber 12.2 g48.8%
Sugars 34.2 g
Protein 47 g94.8%
Vitamin A 45.6% Vitamin C 26.7%
Calcium 45.8% Iron 31.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, cook the farfalle pasta as per package directions. Drain and set aside.
2) Meanwhile, in a deep frying pan, melt the butter over a medium-high heat.
3) Add the bacon and cook over a medium heat until thoroughly cooked.
4) When bacon in mostly cooked add the onion and frozen peas.
5) Toss all the ingredients together and continue cooking until the onion is softened.
6) Add the cooked farfalle pasta into the frying pan and toss with other ingredients.
7) Add the cream and cheese, mixing together well, until the sauce has thickened and the pasta is nicely coated.
8) Serve the cheesy bacon onion farfalle pasta immediately.