- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamy Parmesan Asparagus Pasta Recipe Video
|Whole wheat penne pasta||8 Ounce|
|Lemon zest||1 Teaspoon, freshly grated|
|Tarragon||2 Teaspoon, minced (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)|
|Garlic||3 Tablespoon, minced|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
|Whole grain mustard||4 Teaspoon|
|Fat free milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Asparagus||1 Bunch (100 gm), trimmed and cut into 3/4 inch pieces|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated (divided)|
Calories 664 Calories from Fat 141
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.4%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g24.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.5 mg
Sodium 1020.7 mg42.5%
Total Carbohydrates 112 g37.3%
Dietary Fiber 14.5 g58.2%
Sugars 10.5 g
Protein 34 g67.5%
Vitamin A 14.1% Vitamin C 28.8%
Calcium 66.6% Iron 32.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. Add pasta and cook for 3 minutes less than the pasta package directions.
3. Add asparagus and continue cooking until the pasta and asparagus are tender 3 minutes more.
4. Drain and return to the pot.
To make mustard garlic sauce:
5. In a medium bowl whisk in milk, mustard, flour, salt and pepper.
6. In a medium saucepan heat oil over medium high heat.
7. Add garlic and cook stirring until fragrant and lightly browned for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
8. Whisk in the milk mixture and bring to a simmer stirring constantly.
9. Cook until thickened for 1 to 2 minutes and then stir in tarragon, lemon zest and juice.
10. Stir the sauce into the pasta-asparagus mixture.
11. Cook over medium high heat stirring until the sauce is thick, creamy and coats the pasta for about 1 to 2 minutes.
12. Stir in 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and divide the pasta among 4 bowls.
13. Top with the remaining 1/4 parmesan and serve.
This video is a creation of chefbinks. You can visit chefbinks for complete recipes, and more videos.