- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Low Fat Creamy Leek and Artichoke Soup Recipe Video
|Dry sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), divided|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Chicken stock/Vegetable stock||2 Quart|
|Artichokes hearts||2 Pound|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
Calories 235 Calories from Fat 58
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.9%
Saturated Fat 3 g15%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.7 mg5.2%
Sodium 548.3 mg22.8%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g11.9%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.3%
Sugars 10 g
Protein 11 g22.1%
Vitamin A 16.8% Vitamin C 39.4%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 15.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Chop the veggies – leeks, onion, shallots, garlic, artichoke hearts and coarsely ground in a food processor.
2. In a stock pot add in the butter on low heat.
3. Add in the vegetables, stock, and sherry. Stir and cover with lid. Let it simmer for 40 minutes.
4. Season with salt and blend with electric mixer. Add in the cream.
5. Add another splash of sherry and lemon juice.
6. Garnish the Soup with green onions and serve with garlic sour dough bread.