- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
CREAMED JERUSALEM ARTICHOKES Recipe
|Jerusalem artichokes||1 Pound|
|Breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cheese||4 Ounce, grated|
Calories 548 Calories from Fat 318
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.6%
Saturated Fat 22.7 g113.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 100.7 mg
Sodium 482.4 mg20.1%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.2%
Sugars 19.8 g
Protein 15 g30%
Vitamin A 22.4% Vitamin C 22.9%
Calcium 34.7% Iron 34.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease a oven dish with butter.
2. Wash artichokes.
3. In a broiler or steamer, steam artichokes for 10 minutes in little salted water.
4. Rub surface of artichokes to remove skin; cut into slices.
5. In a pan, sauté sliced onion until glazed.
6. In a greased oven dish, place steamed artichokes and top with sautéed onions.
7. Cover top with a layer of grated cheese and then a layer of breadcrumbs.
8. Dot with butter and grill for 15-20 minutes until well grilled.
9. Serve creamed Jerusalem artichokes with French fries.