- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamed Cod Casserole Recipe
|Codfish||7 Cup (112 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mashed potato||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Calories 712 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.4%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 170.2 mg
Sodium 359.7 mg15%
Total Carbohydrates 99 g33.1%
Dietary Fiber 10 g40%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 63 g125.1%
Vitamin A 6.3% Vitamin C 78.5%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 8.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Soak cod in cold water. Let stand overnight.
2) Preheat oven to 350° F.
3) Take the cod and simmer until the water begins to look milky. Drain.
4) Take a pan and melt butter in it. Add flour, pepper and salt.
5) Stir in milk and cook until mixture becomes thick, stirring constantly.
6) Remove from heat and add cod.
7) Take a 1 1/2 quart casserole and line with half the potatoes. Add the cod mixture.
8) Add remaining potatoes on top.
9) Brush the potatoes with beaten egg.
10) Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown in color.
11) Remove from oven and serve hot in the same dish.