- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamed Celery Casserole Recipe
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), slivered|
|Celery||3 Cup (48 tbs), diced|
|Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs), boiling|
|Parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon, grated|
Calories 322 Calories from Fat 238
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.5%
Saturated Fat 10.8 g54.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 47.5 mg
Sodium 277.8 mg11.6%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 9 g18.7%
Vitamin A 14.7% Vitamin C 3.3%
Calcium 19.3% Iron 7.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a large skillet and heat 2 tablespoons butter in it until frothy.
2) Add celery and almonds.
3) Cover and cook for about 15-20 minutes, stirring constantly.
4) Add remaining butter and blend in flour.
5) Cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
6) Add pepper, cream and broth all at once. Stir to blend well.
7) Increase heat to moderate. Cook until thick and bubbly, stirring constantly.
8) Spoon mixture into 1-quart casserole. Sprinkle with cheese.
9) Place under broiler and cook until cheese turns brown.
10) Serve Creamed Celery Casserole hot.