- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamed Sweet Corn And Mung Beans Recipe
|Shallot||1 Small, peeled and finely chopped|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Frozen sweetcorn kernels||8 Ounce|
|Ground allspice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Natural yogurt||55 Milliliter, set|
|Sprouted mung beans||6 Ounce|
Calories 109 Calories from Fat 44
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.7%
Saturated Fat 0.91 g4.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.8 mg0.6%
Sodium 95.3 mg4%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.7%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 4 g7.6%
Vitamin A 4.1% Vitamin C 17%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 4.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a medium sized casserole, combine the shallot and oil together.
2) On high power, cook covered for 3 minutes or until the shallot becomes soft.
3) To this, add the sweetcorn, allspice, salt and pepper to taste.
4) On high power, cook covered for 4 minutes. Stir once in between.
5) Into this, add the yogurt along with the beansprouts.
6) On high power, cook uncovered for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, or until heated through. Overcooking may result in the yogurt curdling.
7) Stir the Creamed Sweetcorn and Mung Beans well before serving and serve hot.