- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamed Sprouts Recipe
|Fresh brussels sprouts||3 Pint|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Instant chicken broth/2 teaspoons granulated chicken bouillon||2 Ounce|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 341 Calories from Fat 169
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.4%
Saturated Fat 11.2 g56.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 47.9 mg
Sodium 232.8 mg9.7%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.5%
Dietary Fiber 9.5 g38.1%
Sugars 11.4 g
Protein 12 g23.1%
Vitamin A 50.7% Vitamin C 342.3%
Calcium 22.4% Iron 20.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Trim the sprouts-slice most of the stem off each sprout, but leave a bit of the base.
2) Cut the large Brussels sprouts into half, if any.
3) Take a large saucepan and cook the sprouts without lid in boiling hot salted water for about 10 minutes until soft enough.
4) Drain excess water and return to the saucepan.
5) Peel the cucumbers, cut into quarters lengthwise.
6) Now cut the quarters into 1-inch-thick slices.
7) Fry the chopped in butter or margarine making sure you turn them frequently.
8) Creamed sprouts can be served with crisp bacon.