- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamed Spinach With Mushrooms And Cheese Recipe Video
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Pancetta slices||2 , thick cut and diced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Shallots||2 , diced|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, diced|
|Crimini mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|Spinach||1⁄2 Pound, chopped|
|Onion powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded|
Calories 506 Calories from Fat 353
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.7%
Saturated Fat 16.8 g84%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 77.7 mg
Sodium 833.6 mg34.7%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.7%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 19 g37.3%
Vitamin A 232.1% Vitamin C 65.1%
Calcium 45.8% Iron 23.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pan, heat up olive oil on medium-high heat. When the oil begins to give off just a hint of steam, add the pancetta and cook until it is nice and golden brown.
2. Add the garlic, shallots, and onions and cook for about 1-2 minutes before adding the sliced Crimini mushrooms. Cook for about 5-10 minutes, until softened.
3. Add the spinach, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder and toss all the ingredients together.
4. Stir in heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, and cheddar cheese and cook for about 5 minutes. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
5. Serve warm with chicken, steak or mashed potatoes!