- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamed Spinach Recipe Video
|Spinach||2 Medium, frozen, squeezed (Bags, organic)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (organic)|
|Cream cheese||1⁄2 Pound (organic)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Garlic cloves||3 Large, minced|
|Salt||1⁄8 Teaspoon (as needed, to taste)|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon (as needed, to taste)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon (as needed)|
|Seasoning blend||5 Pinch (as needed, Harvest Eating)|
Calories 211 Calories from Fat 172
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.9%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 51.7 mg
Sodium 194.9 mg8.1%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.7%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 5 g9.3%
Vitamin A 171.2% Vitamin C 42%
Calcium 13.1% Iron 14.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a sauce pan over medium heat, add the olive oil and saute the onions for about 2 minutes.
2) Stir in the garlic and seasoning and saute for 1 minute.
3) Add the spinach and sprinkle with some more seasoning, freshly grated nutmeg, heavy cream and cream cheese.
4) Stir well until all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed, reduce the heat and cook until heated thorough.
5) Keep warm in a preheated 185 to 200 °F oven until ready to serve.
6) Transfer the Creamed Spinach to a serving platter and serve hot.