- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamed Puree Of Dried Beans Recipe
|Dried white beans/Lima beans||1⁄2 Pound, boiled and drained|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Light cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Clove (2.5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Pepper white||1 Pinch|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1530 Calories from Fat 699
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 80 g122.4%
Saturated Fat 49.2 g245.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 227.7 mg
Sodium 545.1 mg22.7%
Total Carbohydrates 144 g48%
Dietary Fiber 34.7 g138.8%
Sugars 8.2 g
Protein 68 g136.7%
Vitamin A 46% Vitamin C 2.1%
Calcium 100.3% Iron 134.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
(1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
(2) Butter a 1 ½ quarter casserole or baking dish
(3) Tip boiled beans in a mixing bowl and mash beans with a potato masher.
(4) Add the remaining ingredients to the mashed peas and whisk with a wooden spoon until well blended
(5) Turn the mash into casserole
(6) Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
(7) To get a crust, transfer the dish under a broiler for 4 minutes.
(8) Serve the mashed peas hot, straight from the casserole.
To keep the beans with their skins, do not drain the peas and instead mash beans and liquid through a sieve.