- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamed Lemon Rice Recipe
|Rice grain||3 Ounce|
|Lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 267 Calories from Fat 59
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10%
Saturated Fat 3 g15.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 117.7 mg
Sodium 83.3 mg3.5%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g14.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.13 g0.53%
Sugars 27.8 g
Protein 8 g16.9%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C 2.7%
Calcium 15.3% Iron 3.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pick the rice and wash them.
2) Bring the milk to the boil and add the rice.
3) Reboil, then lower the heat and simmer very gently, stirring occasionally for 30-35 minutes or until the rice is creamy and very soft.
4) Remove pan from the heat and stir in the sugar.
5) Separate the eggs and stir the yolks one at a time into the creamed rice.
6) Reserve the egg whites.
7) Stir the finely grated lemon rind and lemon juice into the rice to taste.
8) Take care not to make the lemon flavour too strong.
9) Set the mixture aside until cold, stirring occasionally.
10) Whisk the egg whites until stiff and then fold into the rice mixture.
11) Spoon into a serving dish and chill until ready to serve.
12) Serve with fruit compote or ice cream.
TIP: Creamed rice can also be preapred without lemon flavoring and egg.