- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamed Chicken With Pancake Omelette Recipe
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Diced chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Cooked Or Canned)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Pancake mix||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Egg whites||4 , beaten|
Calories 445 Calories from Fat 220
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38%
Saturated Fat 13.5 g67.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 195.2 mg
Sodium 676 mg28.2%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.89 g3.6%
Sugars 8.1 g
Protein 24 g48.8%
Vitamin A 26.8% Vitamin C 11.6%
Calcium 18.3% Iron 8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Mix flour to heated butter and add to lukewarm or cool broth and cream. Stirring continuously, cook, till sauce turns thick and smooth.
2. Stir in salt, accent, cayenne, parsley and chicken. Allow to stand at the minimum heat to remain warm.
3. Preheat a broiling unit.
4. Prepare pancake mixture by adding milk, egg yolks and cream mixture to pancake mix.
5. Fold egg whites in.
6. Place one 10 inch fry pan on medium heat and melt butter.
7. Allow the omelet to be cooked for about 3 minutes or till it turns golden brown.
8. Arrange in a broiling unit at a distance of 3 inches from heat source and continue to cook till top turns slightly brown.
9. Arrange in a warm serving dish, tuck the center and fill with half creamed chicken. Fold over and top with rest of the creamed chicken.
10. Mix sherry to the prepared sauce.
11. Serve hot.