- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamed Chicken In Puff Pastry Recipe
|Puff pastry||8 , frozen|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|All-purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken||12 Ounce, grilled|
|Peas||1 Cup (16 tbs), frozen|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
Calories 1226 Calories from Fat 737
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 82 g126.4%
Saturated Fat 16.4 g81.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75.9 mg
Sodium 700.1 mg29.2%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g28.9%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20.2%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 35 g69.1%
Vitamin A 13% Vitamin C 27%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 33.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven.
2. Cut the chicken into 1/2 inch dice (about 3 cups).
3. Bake the puff pastry shells as per the package instructions.
4. Trim 1/4 inch off the bottom of the mushroom stems, wipe the mushrooms clean with a damp paper towel and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
5. In a large saucepan heat the butter and oil over medium heat and saute the garlic for a few seconds, until the aroma wafts up.
6. Then add the mushrooms and cook over medium-high heat stirring frequently, until they begin to release their juices, about 3 minutes.
7. With a wooden spoon stir adding flour for about 1 minute until the mushrooms look dry and begin to stick to the bottom of the pan.
8. Add the milk, whisk vigorously and when the mixture is thick, add the broth and Madeira.
9. Simmer uncovered over low heat for about 5 minutes.
10. Add the cut chicken dices to the sauce along with the peas and simmer until the puff pastry shells are done, about 5 minutes more.
11. Season carefully with salt and a pinch of cayenne.
12. From the oven remove the puff pastry shells and set aside for 1 minute to cool.
13. Removing the tops of the pastry shells, place 2 shells on each of the serving plates.
14. In and around each shell spoon some filling, place the pastry tops back onto each shell and serve immediately.