- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamed Chicken And Eggs On Waffles Recipe
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Salt/Seasoned salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Diced cooked chicken||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Or Canned)|
|Hard-cooked eggs||4 , quartered|
|Waffle mix||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , slightly beaten|
Calories 506 Calories from Fat 250
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.1%
Saturated Fat 14.4 g72.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 307.9 mg
Sodium 901.8 mg37.6%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 13.2 g
Protein 22 g43.7%
Vitamin A 23.4% Vitamin C 14%
Calcium 32.7% Iron 13.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan, melt butter and sauté green pepper for about 5 minutes. Take off from pan. Add flour to rest of the butter in the pan.
2. Slowly add milk and stirring continuously, cook, till mixture is thick and smooth.
3. Add pepper and salt to taste. Add chicken, green pepper as well as hard-cooked eggs [excluding 5 quarters for garnishing] and heat well.
4. Meanwhile blend milk, waffle mix, slightly-beaten eggs and butter and using a rotary beater, beat to smooth.
5. Arrange on hot waffle iron and bake till steaming stops.
6. Take a serving dish and transfer the creamed mixture. Arrange rest of the egg quarters in the shape of a flour around parsley tuft.
7. Top crisp hot waffles and serve.