- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamed Celery Recipe
|Celery||1 1⁄2 Bunch (150 gm) (Large Bunch)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Light cream/Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||1 Pinch|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 952 Calories from Fat 735
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 84 g128.8%
Saturated Fat 52.4 g262.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 254.2 mg
Sodium 1142.6 mg47.6%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.4%
Dietary Fiber 6 g23.9%
Sugars 9 g
Protein 9 g18%
Vitamin A 66% Vitamin C 26.2%
Calcium 19.9% Iron 13.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Clean the celery but trimming its leaves and nipping of its base.
2. Slice the celery in thin crosswise slice using the food processor or by hand.
3. Take a large saucepan and boil the water in it. Add sliced celery and cook it after covering for about 4-5 minutes until it turns crispy-soft. This celery liquid should be reserved for future use.
4. Take another saucepan and soften the butter in it. Add onions and cook at medium heat until it turns soft.
5. Add flour and stir well. Cook the flour for about a minute.
6. Add hot celery liquid and stir the mixture until it turns soft.
7. Add cream, salt, pepper, and nutmeg and stir them well.
8. Lighten the mixture by adding milk if you feel that it has become too thick. Prepare the mixture in advance and reheat it at the time of serving.
9. Serve as required.