- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamed Brussels Sprouts And Celery Recipe
|Frozen brussels sprouts||20 Ounce, do not thaw (2 Packages, 10 Ounce Each)|
|Diced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White pepper||1 Pinch|
|Flour||2 Tablespoon, blended with 2 tablespoons cold water|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 244 Calories from Fat 136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.8%
Saturated Fat 9.7 g48.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49.4 mg
Sodium 183 mg7.6%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.6%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 6 g12.8%
Vitamin A 18.8% Vitamin C 142.4%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 8.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, combine the sprouts, celery, water and salt.
2. Cover pan with its lid and place on a medium low flame.
3. Sinner the sprouts for 10 minutes until sprouts are almost tender but still crisp.
4. Stir in cream, pepper and slide in the butter to get a thick sauce like consistency.
5. Simmer until well heated.
6. Stir in the flour-water paste and cook, stirring, until thickened.
7. Cover pan and simmer for 10 minutes until hot and bubbly
8. Serve the sprouts hot as a side dish to a steak or beef stew.