- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamed Broad Beans And Marrow Recipe
|Broad beans||2 Pound (1 Kilogram, Fresh, Young)|
|Unsalted butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Chopped fresh tarragon/1 tablespoon dried tarragon||2 Tablespoon|
|Double cream||6 Tablespoon|
Calories 226 Calories from Fat 111
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.6%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g19.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.2 mg
Sodium 32.5 mg1.4%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.76 g3%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 11 g21.1%
Vitamin A 14.2% Vitamin C 27.8%
Calcium 10.4% Iron 17.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Peel the marrow, cut into 2-cm/1-inch slices, halve these and remove the seeds with a spoon.
3. Cut the marrow into 1-cm/1/2-inch wide lengths.
4. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, add the broad beans and cook fairly briskly for 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, place the butter, tarragon, water and seasoning in another saucepan with the marrow, cover and cook briskly for 10 minutes, until the marrow is just tender.
6. Drain the beans and keep on one side.
7. Strain the marrow into a colander, reserving the liquor.
8. Return liquor to the pan and reduce quickly to 2 tablespoons.
9. Stir in the cream and heat until cream bubbles and reduces a little.
10. Add the broad beans and marrow to the sauce, heat through and serve at once.