- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fragrant Cream of Tomato Soup Recipe Video
|Canned peeled tomatoes||28 Ounce, pureed (good quality, organic)|
|Canned peeled tomatoes||28 Ounce (Whole, 1 Can, Good Quality, Imported Or Organic If Possible)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Small, diced|
|Shallot||1⁄2 , minced|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Tarragon/Fresh basil, not dried||1 Teaspoon (Dried Or Fresh)|
|Chopped fresh basil leaves/Tarragon||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (To Adjust Consistency If Needed)|
Calories 593 Calories from Fat 338
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g57.8%
Saturated Fat 15 g74.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 82.2 mg
Sodium 2417.1 mg100.7%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.2%
Dietary Fiber 8 g32.1%
Sugars 21.2 g
Protein 11 g22%
Vitamin A 139% Vitamin C 114.1%
Calcium 37.2% Iron 12.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a heavy bottomed pot, over medium high heat, pour in olive oil and sweat the onion, for about 1 minute.
2. Stir in the flour, mix well to combine, and cook for 1 minute until the flour cooks.
3. Pour in the pureed tomatoes, stir and add in black pepper, stir again and bring to a boil.
4. Stir in the cream and basil, and taste for seasoning.
5. Serve hot in a soup bowl, garnished with chives.