- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cream Soups Recipe
|Pepper white||1 Teaspoon|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 400 Calories from Fat 193
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.3%
Saturated Fat 12.7 g63.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 63.4 mg
Sodium 1165.4 mg48.6%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.2%
Sugars 24.9 g
Protein 17 g34.2%
Vitamin A 13.4% Vitamin C 0.88%
Calcium 54.9% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Scald milk in a saucepan, add butter and white pepper to it. Stir well.
2) Pour in flour that has been mixed with some water into the saucepan. Stir.
3) Thin the sauce with some boiling water and let it boil for 2 minutes.
4) FOR CREAM OF PEA SOUP: Mash up 1 pint of cooked green peas. Pour it into the sauce and let it boil for 2 minutes.
5) FOR CREAM OF CELERY SOUP: Take 1 pint of cut celery and boil till it becomes tender. Pour it into the sauce and let it boil for 2 minutes. Strain and rub through a sieve. Add milk and give it a stir. Pour it into the sauce and let it boil for 2 minutes.
6) FOR CREAM OF POTATO SOUP: Mash up 6 large potatoes. Add the mashed potatoes to a bowl containing milk. Stir well and pour it into the sauce and let it boil for 2 minutes.
7) FOR CREAM OF CORN SOUP: Add a can of boiled corns along with 1 tablespoon of sugar to the sauce. Boil the cream soup for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and strain. Pour it into the sauce and let it boil for 2 minutes.
8) FOR CREAM OF FISH SOUP: Add to 1 pound of boiled fish to a pan containing milk. Beat it up well and strain through a sieve. Pour it into the sauce and let it boil for 2 minutes.
9) Serve the soup warm in soup bowls. Sprinkle chopped parsley before serving.