- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cream Sauce for Eggs Florentine Recipe
|Onion||1⁄2 Small, minced|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs) (hot)|
|Parmesan cheese/Gruyere cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1963 Calories from Fat 1093
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 123 g189.2%
Saturated Fat 75.7 g378.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 691.2 mg
Sodium 1560.2 mg65%
Total Carbohydrates 164 g54.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.5%
Sugars 56.6 g
Protein 51 g101.8%
Vitamin A 78% Vitamin C 18.7%
Calcium 138% Iron 33.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a pan, saute the minced onion in butter, until softened.
2) Stir in the flour with a wire whisk, until smooth.
3) Gradually stir in the milk, stir continuously and cook, until creamy.
4) Stir in the grated cheese and parsley.
5) Season with the salt, pepper and a pinch of nutmeg to taste, stir and cook until the sauce is smooth.
6) In a bowl, beat two egg yolks with 1/3 cup cream, stir continuously, until the sauce is thickened.
7) Stir in the whipped cream and mix thoroughly.
8) Pour the sauce over poached eggs, sprinkle with grated cheese, then brown under the broiler and serve immediately.