- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cream Puff Swans Recipe
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sifted|
|Heavy cream||1 Tablespoon, whipped|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 221 Calories from Fat 136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.7%
Saturated Fat 8.9 g44.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 141.1 mg
Sodium 159.4 mg6.6%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.42 g1.7%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 5 g9.9%
Vitamin A 10.6% Vitamin C 0.04%
Calcium 2.1% Iron 6.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F
2. Grease 2 cookie sheets with butter or oil
3. In a heavy bottomed saucepan, combine milk and butter.
4. Bring to a rapid boil over a medium high flame.
5. Add salt and flour all at once and stir vigorously to get a smooth dough ball.
6. Take pan off the heat and allow cooling for 10 minutes.
7. Transfer to a large mixing bowl
8. When cool enough, add eggs, one at a time, beating with an electric beater until each egg is incorporated in the dough until the dough is thick and firm
9. Use a large tablespoon to drop the batter into 4 mounds onto the greased baking sheets, 3 inches apart.
10. Using the back of the spoon, flatten and elongate one side of each mound, to make the tail of the swan.
11. Spoon remaining paste in a pastry bag with a plain nozzle.
12. Pipe out S-shapes to make swans' necks, on the second cookie sheet.
13. Bake puffs and necks in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
14. Remove cookie sheet with necks from oven within 15 minutes or until browned.
15. Allow puffs and necks to cool.
16. Slice off 1/3 from the top of each puff saving the tops.
17. Spoon or pipe whipped cream into each puff cavaty.
18. Make swan wings by cutting the reserved tops in half and pressing them into the filling in the puffs.
19. Insert the neck into the filling.
20. Arrange the swans in a dessert plate.
21. Dust with Confectioner’s sugar.
22. Serve immediately before the puffs go soggy