- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cream Of Zucchini Soup Recipe
|Zucchini||3 Cup (48 tbs), sliced|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Instant minced onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Season all||1 Teaspoon|
|Parsley flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken seasoned stock base||2 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Monosodium glutamate||1⁄8 Teaspoon (Msg)|
|Bon appetit||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Commercial sour cream||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1011 Calories from Fat 646
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 73 g112.9%
Saturated Fat 44.9 g224.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 228.1 mg76%
Sodium 2827.3 mg117.8%
Total Carbohydrates 75 g24.9%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.1%
Sugars 19.4 g
Protein 19 g38.2%
Vitamin A 76.7% Vitamin C 116.7%
Calcium 49.5% Iron 33.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Combine together the onion, zucchini, water, Season-All, parsley flakes and 1 teaspoon of the seasoned stock base. Mix well.
2) Cook the mixture till the zucchini is soft and only a small amount of water is left behind.
3) Mash the mixture, put it through a sieve or puree in a blender.
4) Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the flour, the remaining seasoned stock base, MSG, pepper and Bon Appetit.
5) Blend the ingredients together well and then add the cream and milk.
6) Gently simmer the mixture, stirring constantly till it is thick.
7) Add the zucchini and mix well. In case the soup is thicker then preferred, add some milk.
8) Serve the Cream of Zucchini Soup hot. Top with a spoon of sour cream, garnish with paprika and serve as an appetizer, or even a snack.