- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cream of Vegetable Soup Recipe
|Carrots||2 Large, peeled and diced or grated|
|Swede||6 Ounce, peeled and diced|
|Onions||2 Medium, peeled and sliced,|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Single cream||6 Tablespoon|
Calories 251 Calories from Fat 157
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.4%
Saturated Fat 10.8 g54%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49.2 mg
Sodium 297.4 mg12.4%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.6%
Sugars 10.1 g
Protein 6 g11.5%
Vitamin A 131.1% Vitamin C 34.5%
Calcium 11.8% Iron 3.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, melt the butter and sautÃ© carrots, swede and onions for 5 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
2) Pour in the stock and season to taste and bring to the boil.
3) Put the lid on and simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
4) Remove the pan from heat, using a hand blender, blend the carrot mixture to a smooth puree.
5) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Pour the cooled soup mixture in a plastic container.
6) Seal, label, and freeze the container.
7) Blend in the milk and cream, and serve hot garnished with chopped parsley if desired.
8 If using frozen soup, reheat gently from frozen on top of the stove, stirring occasionally.
9) Serve as mentioned in 7.