- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cream Of Two Potato Soup Recipe Video
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), roughly chopped|
|Shallots||4 , roughly chopped|
|Onion||1 Large, roughly chopped|
|Carrots||2 Medium, roughly chopped|
|Ground chicken/Turkey||1⁄2 Pound|
|Red potato||1 Medium, roughly chopped|
|Sweet potatoes||2 Medium, roughly chopped|
|Chicken stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pancetta slices||3 , minced (Baked Until Crispy)|
Calories 541 Calories from Fat 274
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.5%
Saturated Fat 12.7 g63.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 101.9 mg34%
Sodium 741.9 mg30.9%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.2%
Sugars 11.6 g
Protein 23 g45.1%
Vitamin A 331.3% Vitamin C 28.8%
Calcium 17.3% Iron 13.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot, heat up the olive oil and butter over medium to high heat.
2. When butter begins to bubble, add the garlic and shallots. Cook for about 3-4 minutes making sure garlic does not burn.
3. Add onions, celery, and carrots. Season with some salt and pepper and cook for about 5-10 minutes, until soft.
When onions, celery, and carrots are soft, push them to the side of the pot, leaving a “hot spot” in the middle of the pot.
4. Add the ground chicken to the hot spot and cook for about 5-7 minutes until the meat has browned.
5. Once the chicken has browned add the sweet potatoes and new red potato, and mix everything together.
6. Add the chicken stock, heavy cream, and Parmesan cheese. Thoroughly stir all the ingredients and bring to a boil.
7. Switch to medium heat and cook for about 15-20 minutes, until everything is soft. Take an immersion blender (hand blender) and puree all the mixture until it is nice and smooth.
8. Ladle into individual bowls and top with some crispy pancetta bits.
9. Serve hot with crusty bread or crackers. and enjoy!