- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cream Of Sorrel Soup Recipe
|Sorrel||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Hot water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Potatoes||6 , peeled and sliced|
|Coarse salt||1 Tablespoon|
|Cream/Top milk||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 369 Calories from Fat 104
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 77.6 mg
Sodium 1316.6 mg54.9%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g20.9%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.6%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 9 g17.6%
Vitamin A 11.8% Vitamin C 139%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 20.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a pan and heat the butter, add the sorrel to it and simmer for 5 minutes over low heat.
2) Add the potatoes along with water, salt and pepper.
3) Cover it and simmer for 1 hour.
4 )Force the ingredients through a sieve to cream it
5) Beat the eggs and cream or top milk together
6) Add a tablespoonful of hot soup to the egg and cream mixture.
7) Pour it into the soup, stirring constantly.
8) Garnish it according to choice and serve immediately.