- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Blended Cream Of Mushroom Soup Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Small, sliced|
|All purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Chicken bouillon cubes||3 (Envelopes)|
|Heavy cream/Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1953 Calories from Fat 1600
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 182 g280.3%
Saturated Fat 113.4 g566.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 570.7 mg
Sodium 4870.9 mg203%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.8%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31.3%
Sugars 13.3 g
Protein 26 g51.2%
Vitamin A 126.9% Vitamin C 37.3%
Calcium 23.3% Iron 25.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, in hot butter or margarine, cook sliced mushrooms and lemon juice until mushrooms are just tender, stirring occasionally.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low; with slotted spoon, remove mushrooms to bowl. In butter remaining in saucepan, cook onion and stems; cook until onion is tender.
4. Stir in flour until blended; cook 1 minute. Gradually stir in water and bouillon; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
5. Spoon one-half of mushroom mixture into blender; cover (with center part of blender cover removed) and blend at low speed until smooth. Pour mixture into bowl. Repeat with remaining mushroom mixture.
6. Return mixture to saucepan; stir in salt, pepper, cream, and mushroom slices; reheat just until soup is boiling.