- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic Cream Of Mushroom Soup Recipe
|Minced onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|Enriched all purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Instant chicken broth and seasoning mix||1 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Ground thyme||1 Dash|
|Evaporated skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||2 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1 Dash|
|Fresh parsley||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
Calories 111 Calories from Fat 20
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.4%
Saturated Fat 0.39 g1.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.8 mg
Sodium 113.9 mg4.7%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.67 g2.7%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 4 g8.5%
Vitamin A 6.2% Vitamin C 4.5%
Calcium 9.6% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a 1-quart saucepan and heat margarine in it until bubbly.
2) Stir in onion occasionally and sautÃ© them until softened.
3) Mix in mushrooms and sautÃ© them for 5 minutes longer.
4) Remove and save 2 tablespoons of mushrooms.
5) Add flour over vegetables in saucepan and stir cook it for 2 minutes.
6) Slowly mix in water, broth mix, and thyme and allow the mixture to come to a boil.
7) Lower the heat and then simmer the mixture, covered for 15 minutes.
8) Measure 2 cups of soup and process it in a blender container until smooth.
9) To a 1-quart bowl, transfer the mixture and continue the same procedure with remaining soup.
10) Into the saucepan, pour back the soup and mix in evaporated milk, sherry, and reserved mushrooms.
11) Allow the soup to simmer for 5 minutes longer and add in salt and pepper to taste.
12) Ladle the soup in soup bowls and serve hot at once.