- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cream Of Mushroom Soup Recipe
|All-purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Instant chicken bouillon granules||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Half and half||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Divided)|
|Mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
Calories 268 Calories from Fat 178
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.2%
Saturated Fat 12.6 g62.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60.9 mg
Sodium 465.1 mg19.4%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.99 g4%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 6 g12.8%
Vitamin A 12.3% Vitamin C 4.5%
Calcium 13.5% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium (2 quart or 8-cup) microwave proof casserole, add butter
2. Place in the microwave and melt at high for less than 1 minute.
3. Stir flour, seasonings, bouillon granules and onion into the melted butter to make a smooth paste.
4. Gradually add 1 cup half and half, stirring constantly to blend with the flour paste.
5. Stir in mushrooms.
6. Return to the microwave and set at level 7
7. Cook the soup for about 6 minutes stirring occasionally, until it thickens and begins to bubble.
8. Stir the remaining half and half into the soup, reserving 2 spoons for garnish.
9. Heat at the same power for another few minutes until piping hot.
10. Ladle the hot soup into warm soup plates
11. Garnish with a reserved cream and serve the soup with crusty bread.