- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegan Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe Video
|Vegan butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Earth Balance)|
|Button mushrooms||2 Pound, sliced (White / Brown)|
|Yellow onion||1 , diced|
|Flour||1 1⁄4 Tablespoon (1 Rounded Tablespoon)|
|Fresh thyme sprigs||6 , tied into a bundle with kitchen string, plus some picked leaves to garnish|
|Garlic cloves||2 , peeled (Left Whole)|
|Vegetable broth||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Or Stock)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream substitute||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Silken Tofu / Mimicreme)|
|Salt||To Taste, ground|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 198 Calories from Fat 110
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.6%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g35.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 467.2 mg19.5%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.3%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 9 g17.3%
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 11.3%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large pot, stir the mushrooms in vegan butter and a big pinch of salt over a medium-high heat for about 15 to 20 minutes.
2) Then lower the heat and cook for another 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3) Stir in the onions and saute for about 5 minutes.
4) Then add the flour, stir and cook for about 2 minutes.
5) Add the thyme, garlic, vegetable broth, and water. Allow to simmer for about an hour.
6) Blend the mixture with a hand held blender until smooth and creamy.
7) Then stir in the blended silken tofu, mix thoroughly.
8) Season with salt and pepper to taste.
9) Ladle the soup into soup bowls and serve.