- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cream of Mushroom Soup Recipe Video
|Dried mushrooms||1 Ounce (any type) (Optional)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Potato||1 Small, diced|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Low sodium chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Heavy cream/Whole milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 732 Calories from Fat 541
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g94.5%
Saturated Fat 30.3 g151.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 164.4 mg
Sodium 131.6 mg5.5%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.6%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 14 g27.3%
Vitamin A 35.3% Vitamin C 37.7%
Calcium 11.9% Iron 11.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. If you choose to use dried mushrooms, soak in heavy cream while you begin preparation on mushrooms. Ideally, these should soak until they are tender.
2. In a medium sized saucepan sauté mushrooms and onions over medium heat.
3. Sauté until onions are transparent and the mushrooms have begun to release some of their water.
4. Add 2 cups of chicken stock and potato. Cover and simmer for about 18 minutes over a medium-low heat.
5. Puree soup in either a blender or with a hand immersion blender until soup is well blended and is fairly smooth.
6. Return soup stock to pot; add heavy cream and heat until the soup is hot all of the way through.
7. You can garnish the soup with a small dollop of sour cream. Chopped fresh chives or fresh dill goes well with this soup.
8. Serve right away.