- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cream of Cucumber Soup Recipe
|Fresh ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste, milled|
|Milk||1⁄3 Pint (1 Teacup Or 1/4 Liter)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Grams)|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Pint (3 Deciliter)|
|Single cream||4 Tablespoon|
Calories 407 Calories from Fat 254
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.4%
Saturated Fat 17.3 g86.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 81.1 mg
Sodium 435.5 mg18.1%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.9%
Sugars 15.1 g
Protein 11 g21.6%
Vitamin A 24% Vitamin C 19.6%
Calcium 23.6% Iron 10.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel cucumbers and slice lengthwise into half.
2. Remove and discard the centre seeds.
3. Slice the cucumber thinly.
4. In a pan of boiling water, add the sliced cucumber and blanch for 2 minutes; immediately drain well.
5. In a saucepan, melt 1 ounce (25 grams) butter; add cucumber, sugar and a seasoning of salt and pepper.
6. Cover the pan and cook gently for about 15 minutes until the cucumber is quite soft.
7. In a saucepan, prepare the white sauce.
8. In the saucepan, add milk, onion and bay leaf and ring the mixture to boil.
9. Remove the pan from heat and let the milk stand for 10 minutes for infusing flavors; then strain.
10. In another pan, melt 1/2 ounce (15 grams) butter.
11. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
12. Stir in the strained flavored milk.
13. Stir constantly and bring the liquids to boil and then cook gently for 2-3 minutes.
14. Add the chicken stock, prepared white sauce and the cucumber mixture.
15. Cover and cook gently for another 15 minutes.
16. Remove the pan from heat.
17. In an electric blender, puree the soup or pass the soup through a sieve or Mouli.
18. Return the soup to the saucepan.
19. Taste soup and adjust seasoning to taste.
20. Reheat soup and stir in the cream just before serving.