- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cream Of Corn Soup Recipe
|Chicken broth||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Potato||1 , peeled and cut into small pieces|
|Celery stalks||2 , finely chopped|
|Corn kernels||1 Cup (16 tbs), freshly shucked|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 405 Calories from Fat 188
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.7%
Saturated Fat 12.4 g61.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 159.2 mg
Sodium 595.8 mg24.8%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.8%
Dietary Fiber 9.1 g36.6%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 10 g19.1%
Vitamin A 16.1% Vitamin C 22.3%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1)Take a 2-quart glass or ceramic casserole and add chicken broth, onion, potato and celery.
2) Cover the contents and cook on high in the microwave for about 6 minutes, till potato and celery become tender.
3) Remove from the microwave and blend all to a smooth puree.
4) Mix in the corn.
5) Add cream of about 3/4th cup. Cook on low in the microwave for about 2 minutes.
6) Add the remaining 1/4th cup of cream along with the egg yolks to the soup.
7) Cook without lid in the microwave for 30 seconds.
8) Season with required salt and pepper.
9)Serve hot portioned in soup bowls with dollops of butter.