- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cream Of Cauliflower Soup Recipe
|Cauliflower head||1 Pound, cut into florets (1 Small Head, 500 Gram)|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Cereal cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped chives||1 Tablespoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 381 Calories from Fat 147
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.7%
Saturated Fat 9.1 g45.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.7 mg
Sodium 686.6 mg28.6%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.7%
Sugars 13.8 g
Protein 13 g26.7%
Vitamin A 11.3% Vitamin C 101.7%
Calcium 13.2% Iron 9.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cook the cauliflower florets in boiling water, covered for 1 minute. Alternately, cook in the microwave on HIGH for 2-3 minutes.
2) Then drain and place in plenty of cold water.
3) Saute the onion in butter over a low heat, until soft. Alternately, cook in the microwave on MEDIUM for 1-2 minutes.
4) Stir in the cauliflower and chicken stock, then cook, covered over a medium heat for 30 minutes. Alternately, cook in the microwave on MEDIUm for 6-10 minutes.
5) Then, allow to cool and place in the refrigerator.
6) In a blender, blend the cauliflower mixture in batches, until smooth.
7) In a saucepan, pour the puree and bring to a boil.
8) In a jar with a tight fitting lid, shake the cereal cream and flour together.
9) Stir into the cauliflower puree and cook, until smooth and slightly thick. Alternately, cook in the microwave on MEDIUM for 4-6 minutes.
10) Season with the salt and pepper to taste.
11) Laddle the hot soup into soup bowls, garnish with the with Parmesan cheese and chives and serve immediately.